ORCHARD KNOLLS HOMEOWNERS

BOARD OF DIRECTORS

MEETING MINUTES

DATE: 8/21/2000

President: V.P. Single Homes: Richard Schinner

(H)301-977-5196

V.P. Townhomes: Ali Rad Treasurer: Terence Chan Secretary: Karen Harris

e-mail: arad@radtc.com e-mail: tlc@nrc.gov

Members present: All except Terrance

Guests: None

  1. Richard presented the final option that the State Highway Administration came back with. A right hand lane leading into a jug handle allowing a left turn at Schiffely Road. The berm will be minimally effected. The retaining wall will be on the road side. Ali brought up the point that the owners of the townhouses facing the Rt. 28 might object. A special meeting must be scheduled for the neighborhood. 66% of owners are needed to vote on this issue. A resolution from the HOA lawyer is needed.
  2. Prior to the meeting Terrance had given Richard information regarding transferring money from the HOA checking account to an interest bearing account.
  3. Unity will be installing our sprinkler system. Richard showed some drawings of the new system. Ken Frank, the owner of the first house on the west side of Blackberry Dr., has kindly agreed to allow us to sub-meter his water meter for sprinklers on that side of the road. Itís not possible to install sprinklers in the center island because the county will not give us permission to pull pipes under the street. On the east side the sprinkler system will run down to the tot-lot. Cost: $12,560.00.
  4. Richard received a proposal for the fall planning for planting. We need to remind Facility to collect the trash in the tot-lots. We also need to find out if it is in the current Facilities contract to replace dead trees.
  5. American Striping to repair and cover walk path 8-24-00 for $2,466.00
  6. Dave Gardner finally wrote a letter to Bob angel of Potomac Garden Center regarding infringements on our property line rights. Richard suggested a lotter of petition from the neighbors.
  7. Ali wants to know about the Starpower progress. Ali to get Starpower contact information from George Puddington.
  8. Karen wanted to discuss neighborhood events. The picnic was discussed. Ali suggested holding something at the Bowl America on Clopper Rd. Karen to get forms for volunteer hours for last year and this year from QOHS.
  9. Karen to call QOHS to get a classroom for a meeting on 9-6-00.