ORCHARD KNOLLS HOMEOWNERS

BOARD OF DIRECTORS

MEETING MINUTES

DATE: 11/13/2000

President: V.P. Single Homes: Richard Schinner

V.P. Townhomes: Ali Rad Treasurer: Terence Chan Secretary: Karen Harris

e-mail: arad@radtc.com e-mail: tlc@nrc.gov

Eileen Solomon

zeppsol@aol.com

Members present: Ali, Terence, and Richard

Guests: None

  1. Unity has started work. It will take a week. They will install all sprinklers except the segment in front of Ken’s house. They will return in the spring to start up the new system at no charge. They’ll also check the old system and make any repairs needed (will charge for repairs). The segment in front of Ken’s house will be completed in the spring. The HOA will pay for that part of the work when it’s done. Terence will increase the budget for the sprinkler system maintenance.
  2. Sprinkler System: $3500

    Tree Replacement: $4000

  3. The Wilson property, which has been delinquent on quarterly fees, is a rental unit. Terence suggested we ask the person renting it who is responsible for paying the fees. Richard think ABS should contact them.
  4. Ali contact StarPower and was told that since our community is in North Potomac and not Gaithersburg we will not be getting service in Phase 1. However, there might be an expansion of Phase 1, which might include us. Otherwise we have to wait for the next phase.
  5. Ali contacted the snow removal person, John Owens. He said he will send bid to the HOA P.O.Box. Richard suggested we ask him not to plow from 12:00 am to 7:00 am.
  6. Ali spoke to Mrs. Apolito about her dog. Richard mentioned that she’s in violation of county law. Ali to send her the URL to the web site with this law.
  7. People at 15705 leave trash out in bags only. HOA by-laws state that a trash can should be used. Ali to check with the county.
  8. Teenager problem on Blackberry Terrace. Richard looked into this. The kids are apparently from Quince Orchard Knolls community. He spoke to the other neighbors but they said they weren’t being bothered. Toll Brothers owns the piece of land with the dry pond in the Potomac Preserve community adjacent to ours. They plan to dedicate it to the county. Richard sent an e-mail suggesting Bonnie (the neighbor complaining) call the county and ask them to force Toll Brothers to put up a fence before dedicating it.
  9. Jerry Way has complained about lampposts coming on too early. Terence has asked the electrician for an estimate to replace photocell. It was $100 for each. Alternatives are being investigated.
  10. Merry-Go-round issue unresolved.
  11. Potomac Gardens Center – Richard says that Dave Gardner has not done anything. Karen went up to Potomac Gardens Center and she was told their lawyer is drawing up the papers.
  12. Burg Engineering – Dave Gardner has told us that we should pay this bill even though a proper water sample test was not done. Board members think we should not.
  13. Richard mentioned that Dave Gardner has not given us any updates on the Rt. 28 expansion. Terence will e-mail the Highway Administration representative directly.
  14. No update on the renting the cafeteria at the high school for the annual meeting.
  15. Terence handed out October’s financial statement.
  16. Richard receive bid from Facilities for next year. They have increased their price. Richard would like to put it out for bid.
  17. Late fees were discussed and Terence will look into how they are assessed.