ORCHARD KNOLLS HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION
PRESIDENT, Richard Schinner-301-977-5196 or email@example.com
VP DETACHED HOMES, Open Position (OKHA Board is always looking for volunteers)
VP TOWNHOMES, Eileen Solomon-301-330-2876 or firstname.lastname@example.org
TREASURER, Ail Rad-301-721-9569 or email@example.com
SECRETARY, Ken Frank-301-990-0050 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Reardon Sullivan, Technical Advisor and OK Homeowneremail@example.com
- CALL TO ORDER
The regular monthly meeting of the Orchard Knolls Homeowners Association (hereinafter OKHA) was called to order at 7:30pm on June 11th by Richard Schinner, 2001 President.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF MAY MEETING
A Motion was made, seconded and passed approving the Minutes of the May 14th OKHA Board Meeting.
- OLD BUSINESS
- Treasure Ali Rad will continue to find ways (and time) to put pertinent information and monthly minutes onto the web site www.orchardknolls.org.
- Townhouse Parking Area Update-Be considerate of others: park excess vehicles, and those of your guests, in designated areas and on Blackberry Drive, NOT sidewalks. Enforcement, and potential towing of violations, will be undertaken.
IV. NEW BUSINESS
- The OKHA Board received a letter of complaint regarding trash being placed curbside earlier than the evening before a pickup. All residents are reminded:
- Trash pick up is Monday and Thursday mornings; recycling pick up is Monday only.
- On holiday Mondays there is only the Thursday pick up that week.
- Return receptacles to garages and/or storage areas (not in front of the property) after trash is picked up.
- Pet owners are responsible, and it is the LAW, to pick up after your own pet. Not only are droppings unsightly, smelly and a nuisance, but unhealthy as well. The OKHA Board will be posting signs regarding this issue with a reminder of the fine.
- Bob and David Angel of Potomac Nursery will be sent a letter regarding the use of an OKHA fire hydrant (the nurseryís well pump is out of order) and to again request they address the work they previously agreed to complete. OKHA Attorney David Gardnerís letter will include complaints about the noise of a generator on PN property, suggest walking OK grounds to review problems and potential fencing.
- President Schinner and Jerry Way met with representatives of Facilities Service Company, Inc. on 5/15/01 and reviewed the maintenance of Orchard Knolls grounds and confirm boundaries of maintenance. OKHA has re-confirmed the 30-day notice in our Agreement if Facilities Service Company does not perform.
- The Board received additional documentation regarding the property to the East of our community, the future "jug handle" sent a response with documentation in response to the letter of inquiry sent by OKHA Attorney (David Gardner). OK homeowners will be receiving additional information and appropriate materials.
- Although the final phase of underground sprinklers have been installed, a ruptured pipe or connection has been noted and will be repair immediately.
- The OKHA Board appreciates the time and commitment each Board Member puts into our community. The Board also noted the ongoing input (or offers of help) by many in Orchard Knolls; especially the work and time put into our community by homeowners Jerry Way and Reardon Sullivan.
The next meeting of the Board of Directors will be held at President Schinnerís home on Monday, July 9th at 7:30pm. All property owners are welcome to attend any OKHA Board of Directors Meeting. Your input, via telephone, letter or email is always welcome as well.
There being no further which is under contract. The prospective owner of the parcel, next to the small tot lot and adjacent to business, the Board Meeting adjourned at 8:30pm