ORCHARD KNOLLS HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION
PRESIDENT, Richard Schinner-301-977-5196 or firstname.lastname@example.org
TREASURER, Ail Rad-301-721-9569 or email@example.com
VP TOWNHOMES, Eileen Solomon-301-330-2876 or firstname.lastname@example.org
SECRETARY, Ken Frank-301-990-0050 or email@example.com
VP DETACHED HOMES, Karen Harris-301-670-0742 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Reardon Sullivan, homeowner and member of Architectural Review Committee
David C. Gardner, OKHA Attorney
Ron and Jacquelyn Pearlman, OKHA homeowners
Richard D. Koch, President of National Seniors Housing Corpemail@example.com
- CALL TO ORDER
The regular monthly meeting of the Orchard Knolls Homeowners Association (hereinafter OKHA) was called to order at 7:30pm on April 9th by Richard Schinner, 2001 President at 15630 Blackberry Drive.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF FEBRUARY MEETING
A Motion was made, seconded and passed to approve the Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of March 12, 2001.
- OLD BUSINESS
- The parking problems in the Townhouse lot; apparently some community members of adjacent garage homes are unaware of the OKHA rules that these parking spaces are for the sole use of non-garage homes and guests of those homes. Everyone is asked to please be considerate of others, and to park excess vehicles, and those of your guests, on Blackberry Drive. Recommendation made to begin more rigorous enforcement, and potential towing, if the problem persists.
- The OKHA Survey was distributed throughout the community to gather information to update our OKHA Community Directory. Although few have been returned, the BOD decided to proceed with printing since the instructions were to return only changes or corrections.
- As reported last month, the Board reviewed the request for guidance regarding the installation of a handicapped access ramp to a property located on Cherry Blossom Place. The OKHA Architectural Review Committee has begun to assist with guidelines and input to facilitate the construction and has asked that the homeowner provide further details. The Board has asked OKHA Attorney Gardner for counsel regarding ADA requirements that OKHA may be required to follow.
- The Board again discussed the trash problem in our community. The Board is considering removing the "public" trash receptacles, particularly at the townhouse mailbox pagoda but will also investigate the potential (and cost) of having our trash contractor empty them on a regular basis.
- Property owners are reminded that the Architectural Committee and Board of Directors will begin semi-annual "reviews" of the community by conducting a "Tour" (walking inspection) to be held the two Sundays per year we change our clocks for Daylight Saving Time. The first "Tour" was to be held on Sunday, April 1st but was cancelled due to inclement weather. It has been rescheduled for 3pm on April 29th and the plan is to do half the community at each "tour". We will start with the townhomes and do the detached properties at the Fall Tour (Sunday, October 28th). Any property owner is invited to join in; we will meet at the entrance to the townhomes. Please bring your umbrella in case of inclement weather, we will NOT reschedule.
IV. NEW BUSINESS
- The Board listened to a presentation by Richard D. Koch, President of National Seniors Housing Corporation who is the principle holding the contract to purchase the property to the East of our community. Koch is hoping to develop the parcel, adjacent to the future "jug handle", as a senior citizen and/or assisted living facility. Koch outlined the special assessment process, his preliminary plans for four "villas" (of 12 total units) and a main building he called "the mansion" with an additional 25 residential units. Plans are not finalized. The Board heard Kochís explanation of plans for the design, materials, parking, services, landscaping and were informed of the County Board hearing scheduled for June 27th at which time Koch would be making a formal presentation. The Board has asked OKHA Attorney Gardner to write a letter to the appropriate departments at the County requesting guidance and information on the special exception, plans and new Master Plan that is apparently being developed by the County.
- TREASURERíS REPORT
- Treasurer Ali Rad summarized the OKHA Financial Statements and Reports completed by ABS (Association Bookkeeping Services, Inc.) for the period ending February 28, 2001. The Board agreed with the recommendation to investigate opportunities to invest reserve funds in higher interest bearing accounts while maintaining liquidity. Board also unanimously approved reinvesting a portion of reserves in a Provident CD that matures April 13th for another year.
There being no further business, the Board Meeting adjourned at 10pm
The next meeting of the Board of Directors will be held at Treasurer Ail Radís home, 15701 Cherry Blossom Place, on Monday, May 14th at 7:30pm. All property owners are welcome to attend any OKHA Board of Directors Meeting. Your input, via telephone, letter or email is always welcome as well.