ORCHARD KNOLLS HOMEOWNER’S ASSOCIATION (HOA)

A Self-Managed, All Volunteer Community

WWW.ORCHARDKNOLLS.ORG

Minutes – Monthly Board Meeting

MARCH 11, 2004

BOARD OF DIRECTORS (BOD):

President

Richard Schinner

301-977-5196

evantage@aol.com

Nov 2005

VP Detached Homes

Lisa Goodman

301-963-3807

goodgrl@attglobl.net

Nov 2005

VP Town Homes

Eileen Solomon

301-330-2876

zeppsol@aol.com

Nov 2007

Treasurer

Mohammad Homaitabar

301-318-8446

homaitabar@yahoo.com

Nov 2004

Secretary

Jerry Way

301-977-0523

jerway@comcast.net

Nov 2005

ARCHITECTURAL REVIEW COMMITTEE MEMBERS (ARC):

Chairperson

Kathy Wyatt

Member

Rita Becker

Member

Dennis Zepp

 

 

1. ATTENDANCE: Rita Becker Absent

2. GUESTS: Brian Zarchin, Orchard Knolls Owner & Member

3. CALL TO ORDER: 7:00 p.m. Eileen’s Home. (Thank You Eileen!)

4. MINUTES: No Changes or Amendments. Passed, No Objections.

5. HEARINGS: None

6. GUEST BUSINESS: See "Newsletter" below:

7. ARCHITECTURAL REVIEW COMMITTEE BUSINESS:

Architectural Change Requests (ACR) - None submitted this month.

New Architectural Guideline Proposed - Inability to See House Numbers: Emergency vehicles and visitors express difficulty finding numbers, particularly garaged townhomes. The front door is on second level. Numbers are often hidden behind trees. Jerry submitted a draft Architectural Guideline which allows one optional set to be mounted on lower stair post facing street. The guideline maintains townhome community symmetry by retaining original builder’s standards for type, style and dimension. Because of density, curbside painted numbers are not allowed for townhomes. They are permitted in detached home community. The draft also addresses requirement for a number. ARC will accept or provide alternate recommendations.

8. TREASURER’S REPORT :

ABS Financial Statement, February 1 thru 29, 2004 - One copy distributed to each board member. Jerry requested that ABS return to providing one to each board member. That was policy for many years. Cost is included in existing ABS contract. Lack of sufficient funds to implement several needed projects was uppermost discussion. Key current financial measurements were reviewed and discussed by all. They are:

Operating Funds:

Checking Account $1,500.

Operating CD $7,588. (Mature 4/13/04. BOD agreed to cash it. Spending not approved)

Monthly Cash Flow:

Fixed operating income $5,582

Fixed expenses $4,333 (March thru December)

Variable operating income $1,200 (For routine expenses)

Reserves:

2003 reserves deficit ($9,775) rolled over into 2004. Remains an outstanding deficit

Delinquencies: None Significant

Other:

Rick noted $2,478 Lawn Care starts this month thru December.

Bad Dept: Previous owner of 157?? Cherry Blossom Lane bounced a $370 check to us at closing. BOD agreed to inform ABS to involve our attorney to begin a civil collection process on the check.

9. UNFINISHED BUSINESS - (ADDRESSED TONIGHT)

Attorney Asked to Recover Value for Damaged Rt. 28 Sprinkler System - SHA destroyed beyond repair. In absence of a settlement by SHA, Jerry engaged our attorney to initiate a financial recovery procedure

Newsletter – Brian Zarchin noted feedback from last newsletter indicated members would like informative, upbeat and positive letter. Jerry noted recent adoption of Behavior Rule requires copy to owners. It should be distributed with newsletter including a related article . All agreed. Date for final draft is April 12.

Brian will take photographs of new playground equipment . Jerry developed a Day Care article. Kathy submitted article about Trash in Playgrounds. Eileen will write about January Annual Meeting. Jerry will draft article about Behavior Rule. Rick will develop an announcement regarding Assessment Increase. Rick will also write about Rt 28 widening. Kathy Wyatt will write about new playground equipment and role of Playground Committee. Brian will draft an article encouraging a spring cleanup program which may offer rewards for turning in trash. Other articles encouraged. Submissions should be emailed to Chief Editor Eileen.

Behavior Rule Recorded in County Circuit Court - This new community rule defining unacceptable behavior(s) on common area(s), also provides enforcement capability including BOD induced fines, prohibition from common areas, BOD hearings and civil remedy. The rule is posted on our web page. A copy will be mailed to all owners with upcoming Newsletter.

BOD Reluctantly Approves Repair of Pedestrian Bridge: One support is washed out completely. The bridge is twisting. Repairing the bridge (without solving the creek-bank erosion problem), does not provide assurance that it will not wash downstream again in next heavy rain. Only the alternate $18,000 longer steel hump-back bridge proposal provides some protection against another wash out. Contractor proposals to stabilize the creek bank range from $43,000 – to $100,000 (see previous minutes). This is the 3rd major expensive repair. BOD is generally inclined to remove the bridge. However, there are indicators that the community wants BOD to spend money to retain the bridge.

 

a) Removing Bridge = Maximum Cost / Benefit Alternative: Because there is an alternate route to the Tot-Lot , and because Blackberry Drive Lot is nearly closed, Jerry recommends we dispose of the bridge now, grass the area, and close the fence. He noted that a removal decision has three significant immediate benefits: 1) Eliminates our liability, 2) Eliminates current and future concern for creek bank erosion, 3) Provides immediate $3,500 credit relief toward our existing $9,775 reserves deficit. However, some BOD members feel the community wants to retain the bridge. Jerry does not agree that this represents total community.

b) Neighbors Want to Retain Bridge: ARC President Kathy Wyatt had polled a half-dozen neighbors who live adjacent to area of the bridge, to solicit opinions regarding removal. Result indicates that everyone polled wishes to spend money is to retain a bridge. BOD feels that poll is an indicator that total community may want to preserve the bridge – or at least bring it to a community vote. Jerry stressed the growing liability issue noting that we must quickly either remove the bridge, barrier the bridge with warnings, or repair the bridge.

c) $4,600 Elevates Bridge - Secures Supports (No Creek Bank Erosion Control): One of four proposed solutions is a $4, 600 quote from TML Construction to raise the bridge a few feet higher (allowing more water clearance) and move it about 4-feet onto more solid turf. New supports would be installed into solid turf. Steps and handrails would be added to each end to accommodate increased height. There is a disclaimer for future flood damage. Some members view this as buying time until another flood washes the bridge away again.

d) Funding - General Reserves will be Used - There is only $1,000 budgeted for site maintenance. Rick and Jerry noted that existing bridge has about $3,500 allocated for future replacement in reserve fund. Jerry took position that bridge is not being replaced now, so replacement will be required in future years. Therefore this allocated reserve should not be utilized now. Rick noted that there is $6,000 budgeted for Rt 28 Sound Attenuation which is unlikely to be used. Jerry reminded all that BOD decided to use that amount to help offset the existing $9,775 reserves deficit caused by recent purchase of Tot-Lot equipment.

Rick feels our only choice is to use General Reserves Replacement funds to pay for the repairs if the decision is made to repair. (General Replacement Reserves is an optional fund – Covenants allow it to used for unexpected major repairs). Jerry warned that this decision increases existing shortfall in overall Reserves.

e) Motion to Repair is Approved – A motion was made to (again) repair the bridge, accept TML scheme and quote, Repairs funded by replacement reserves. Motion did not include any creek-bank stabilization. Motion was seconded. Motion passed 4 approvals of 4 cast. (Jerry abstained due to his relationship with TML).

Cul-de-Sac Upgrade:

a) Original Scope - In 2003, BOD identified the scope of work as limited to only replace existing dying azaleas in 5 circles estimated at about $600 each - a total of about $3,000 for the project.

b) Increased Scope and 3X Higher Costs Divide BOD. Project Delayed: Jerry provided handout displaying overall cost ($12,660 - 16,750) with attached detailed costs of the two alternatives. Contractor provided expansive scope of work including Crepe Myrtle trees with many perennials and colorful plantings. Contractor proposed relocating existing azaleas to other more suitable locations with expected 50% survival rate. Marble benches and existing crepe myrtle remain. New soil and mulch is added. Grass will be fertilized.

Jerry asked members to identify items to remove from proposal to bring cost down, or phase project over several years. Jerry advised we did not have funds. Discouragement prevailed. Some members cast the issue as "detached homes spending vs. townhome community spending" - stating that recent years funds are inadequately applied to detached home areas. Jerry responded that 80% of common area is in townhome community. Cul-de-Sac areas are common area. Issue became contentious with some members. Lack of funds was driving contention. Rick agreed to meet with contractor to re-examine alternatives and costs.

c) Added Watering and Maintenance Requirements – Until now, all 6 Cul-de-sac(s) required no maintenance. Attractive Gooseberry Drive circle is all evergreen. All others were azaleas requiring no maintenance. In order to stand behind warranty, contractor requires weekly watering program for 10 weeks costing between $2500-3500. In past, neighbors on Blackberry Terrace refused to water circles. BOD concludes it is unlikely there will be any difference of attitude in other neighborhoods. Potential financial loss is too high to ignore water requirement. Contractor will provide first year weeding, fertilization and replacement within cost of proposal, however subsequent year maintenance will increase cost of total landscape contract. Contractor agreed to provide first year water at $250 per application for the 5 circles. Current expected costs:

Location Alt A (One Crepe Myrtle) Alt B (Three Crepe Myrtles)

Pineapple Grove 2,380 2,998

Citrus Grove 2,420 3,038

Blackberry Terrace #1 1,620 2,238

Blackberry Terrace #2 1,620 2,238

Citrus Grove 2,120 2,738

Total Cost 10,160 13,250

Water 3,000 (Between $2,500-3,500) 3,000

Total First Year Cost: 13,160 16,250

Estimated additional 2nd and subsequent year water cost: 1,500

Estimated additional 2nd and subsequent year weeding, fertilization, maintenance: 1,000

c) No Funds – Reserves Not Allowed: Cul-de-Sac Upgrade Project cannot be funded by reserves because it is not a capitalized asset. There are no operating funds to proceed beyond original $3000 scope.

d) Project Delayed: BOD agreed that proposal costs should be reevaluated even if work scope is reduced. Perhaps the project should be split into phases across two or more years. Rick will contact contractor to ask for suggestions and alternative pricing before next BOD meeting.

10. NEW BOD BUSINESS

Snow Removal  – Contractor Will Soon Relocate: Jerry noted that he added the requested additional work scope items (last month minutes) to the existing contract and mailed a new contract to the owner for approval. Rick announced that contractor will be leaving the area permanently. The townhome community may be exposed if an additional snow storm hits our area this spring. BOD must solicit bids for a new snow removal contractor.

Day Care - Attorney Asked to Update BOD on Current Regulatory Position. All Day Care Operations in Orchard Knolls are required to have a Maryland License, $300K Liability Insurance, and to annually be registered with our HOA. No more than 11 are allowed. HOA is allowed to charge an annual fee. Surprisingly, our records indicate no registered Day Care Operations in Orchard Knolls at this time. In 1998 – there were three – all have now expired. Orchard Knolls is experiencing a major increase in adults with children entering and leaving homes during day hours. Implication is that several unapproved Day Care Operations may be in operation. Jerry engaged our attorney to update BOD on our options for this matter.

HOA Educational Opportunity - Attorney Requested HOA participation - Declined: Our attorney Dave Gardner sent literature to Rick and Jerry requesting member participation in all day HOA seminar: "Understanding the Legal Issues in Maryland" April 13 in Rockville. Dave will be a Facilitator at that seminar. Rick and Jerry declined. Other members showed little interest in attending. Jerry will update David.

 

New East Stone Marque – Research Progress: (Not BOD sanctioned). Now that Rt 28 widening is complete, this capitalized investment would dramatically improve our image and community value. Jerry met with "Maryland Cast Stone" on Southlawn Drive, original builder of our west side stone marque. Artwork and mold are gone – however they do same work. "Orchard Knolls" tablet would cost $1,600 today and can be done in 2 months. Cost for blue stone for the marque is unknown but we know it was acquired from "Stoneyhurst" quarry. Stone mason is "Stoneworks" in Gaithersburg. Labor cost is unknown. Black colonial lanterns are $600 without labor. Total is estimated between $8 – 10K. Our auditor advised (see previous minutes) that we could add a line item to the budget to allocate funds annually to save for this project.

Financial Statements Late – BOD Meeting Date Adjusted: Tonight’ s meeting was moved to Thursday because current financial statements are not getting to us. Mohammad advised that when BOD meets early in the month - there is not enough time between closing bank books and ABS updating our monthly financial statement. BOD agreed to again move next month’s meeting further out – and consider changing policy to have future meetings on the 3rd Monday of each month. BOD agreed that next meeting will be April 19.

Spring Inspection 3pm on April 4th: Semi-annual HOA inspection of our Townhome Community is scheduled for Sunday April 4 at 3pm. All members of ARC and BOD are requested to participate.

Outdoor Enclosure Replacement Identified – Company asked to Donate - Jerry presented a color photo of "CedarShed Industries" red cedar model with shake roof to match our homes. The 6 x 9-foot model would replace the existing ant-infested and leaking "Rubbermaid" unit which is causing deterioration in our electronic clock and digital controls for the sprinkler and lighting systems. We have already replaced two sets of controls due to ant infestation ($500 each). The new unit would also provide storage for HOA owned equipment currently rusting in the plastic Rubbermaid enclosure or stored in members garages. Location is not negotiable because it must house a myriad of underground water valves and electrical connections currently all emanating in one location at west end of east side berm. Height is six feet. Rubbermaid unit is screened with shrubs. Jerry has sent a letter requesting consideration for donating the unit to our association.

HOA Post Office Box Account - Records Lost - Renewal Paid: Eileen advised us that this is the month our 1-Year renewal is due (last year, without notice, Post Office cancelled our box). Eileen tried to pay the $48 renewal. Postmaster could not find record of our box rental (we rented same box for 13 years). Last year they told us it expired in February. This year they are telling us it expires in June. They will not allow any more than one year payment and will not take credit cards. Apparently record keeping is out-of-control at Diamond Farms Post Office. We would change to Kentlands Post Office, except it would cost us between $600-1000 to print new stationary. Rick made arrangements to have ABS reimburse Eileen.

Entrance – New Landscape Design Proposed: Rick presented new colorful and creative flower bed upgrade designs for our east and west marque and center island - submitted by our new lawn care contractor (Landscape Innovations, Inc). Total cost is $12,643 in addition to our new contract which already includes three times more flowers than were installed last year. Rick reminded contractor that the flowers were already included. Contractor agreed to make an adjustment. Jerry reminded BOD that at annual meeting, we advised membership that we did not have any funds for non-budgeted projects. Project was deferred to next meeting.

Handout - 2004 Non-Budget Requirements – $75,000 Shortfall - Need for Assessment Increase: BOD began to discuss time-critical spending matters (noted below). Some members seemed eager to quickly approve significant non-budgeted spending. A few members want to cash our operating reserve CD. Jerry adamantly disagreed. In supporting his position, Jerry provided a handout which prioritized 2004 financial needs already presented at annual meeting but not in current budget. After only beginning the review, Jerry was forced to stop due to contention among members about priorities and insufficient funds. Jerry stated that we cannot approve any new spending unless we initiate an emergency membership meeting, revise the budget, and obtain an immediate assessment increase to cover it. There were several challenges to the data:

Jerry explained that non budget items listed include $9,775 deficit in Capital Reserves rolled over from 2003. Available cash is only $1500. We incur regular monthly operating expenses of about $4,333. Our only operating reserve for unexpected emergency expenses is the $7,588 CD. Twice last year, we ran out of money and could not pay bills. Treasurer Mohammad Homaitabar confirmed all amounts. Some members insist on cashing the CD to implement non-budgeted projects. There is much contention on overall spending Consensus could not be achieved at this point in the meeting. Rick temporarily tabled the spending matter in order to proceed with further examination of details of the specific projects, possible alternatives, and investigate the need to call a "Special Meeting of Membership for Assessments" to bring about a vote for an Immediate Increase. This procedure is allowable by covenants. See "Assessment Increase" below.

Call for "Assessment Increase Membership Meeting " - As discussed at annual meeting, normal assessment increase procedure is to prepare a new budget for next year in November of current year - for approval by membership. Approval increases assessment effective January 1st. Covenants allow BOD to unilaterally raise assessment about 12-1/2% (10% plus (n) % Consumer Price Index over previous year). Some members wanted to implement that immediately. Others argued that a larger increase is necessary requiring a second increase in November annual meeting. BOD reviewed our annual meeting commitment to membership. The commitment was; BOD would try to cope with current funds until next annual meeting in November without raising assessment unless an emergency financial situation developed.

After much discussion, it became clear that although we were not in an emergency financial situation, our hands were tied until November on commitments for projects which the community needed, or seemed to want now. BOD is in an awkward position preventing forward progress. It also became clear that there was a BOD consensus to call for an emergency meeting to quickly revise the budget and raise assessment on a fast track. One advantage is that in November, we would not have to raise the assessment again. We had three choices:

a) Implement a unilateral 12-1/2% Assessment Increase. Add another increase in November

b) Freeze spending until November. Request a 24% increase in November.

c) Call a Special Membership Meeting for Assessment Increase" now.

Approved Motion for Special Meeting of Membership - A motion was made to "…call a "Special Membership Meeting for Assessment Increase" to be held in May, 2004 under provisions of Article V, Section 5b which will display a revised budget which is expected to require between 22-1/2% and 24% increase in assessment". The motion was seconded and passed unanimously. Rick asked Jerry to make arrangements for a Monday evening meeting at Quince Orchard High School in May

11. REMAINING UNFINISHED BUSINESS - (NOT DISCUSSED TONIGHT)

Damaged Streetlight Post Must be Replaced:

Cherry Blossom Court Streetlight post is broken off at the bottom near the ground. It is leaning over against the trees and a danger to pedestrians.

Unsightly Townhome Community Retaining Walls – Need Pressure Wash and Stain.

Townhome PT retaining walls require periodic maintenance. They have not been serviced in 13 years.

Unsightly & Rotting Expensive Wood Benches – Need Pressure Wash and Stain.

These PT benches require periodic maintenance. They have never been serviced in 13 years.

Blackberry Drive Center Island Uplighting Adjustments Needed - Individual light sources must be moved closer to the surface. The lighting unit closest to Rt 28 needs to be adjusted – it is missing tree branches.

Directory Update

Rick has begun steps to produce a new directory. He will contact Lisa Goodman and Rita Becker to arrange and schedule remaining logistics, reproduction and distribution work.

East Entrance Flower Bed Below Grade

Due to increased elevation of Blackberry Dr/Rt 28 East – flower bed is below grade of new sidewalk.

Rt 28 White Fence "Sinking" (East of Blackberry Drive)

Due to increased elevation of Rt 28 East, the addition of a sidewalk, and the original elevation of our berm – about ½ of our white fence appears to go "downhill" and disappears behind the sidewalk. SHA says their surveyors noted that our fence is on their right-of-way. It is an unkempt appearance from Rt 28. A bottom rail fell out in December. (Editorial Comment – Surprisingly, SHA installed approximately 100 yards of additional matching fence (connected to our existing small section) early March 2004.

Delayed: Two New Streetlights for Blackberry Drive Island

Quote received for $2,750 to accomplish this project by bringing power through our conduit under Blackberry Drive from West side marque power source. BOD decided to delay and review the need after uplighting project is complete. There are no funds at this time.

Delayed Upgrade – Underground Townhome Streetlight Circuit Fully Loaded

Capacity on this main streetlight circuit is needed for 3 future projects: 1) Additional uplights for center island, 2) Center island streetlights, 3) New colonial lamps at Townhome entrance. Circuit begins behind Cherry Blossom Ct, then North, West, and South along Cherry Blossom Lane. Contractor load tests concluded that further addition was not possible. A new parallel circuit will be required. There are no funds at this time.

Blackberry Drive Crosswalk at Playground

Lisa is working with Montgomery County in an effort to have this accomplished.

Blackberry Drive & Terrace Stop Sign to Replace Yield

Lisa is working with Montgomery County in an effort to have this accomplished

HOA Neglect of Common Areas Adjacent to Townhome End-Units

End unit townhomes appear to own the corner lot, however, they own only 4-feet from the side of the brickwork. Remaining side area to the street is community responsibility. Community lawn care is neglecting weeding, feeding and trimming these areas. Most have become eyesores.

HOA is taking excellent care of 15701 Cherry Blossom Lane - parallel-to Blackberry Drive. That townhome side lot receives HOA sprinkling, trimming, fertilization, weeding, insecticide and lawn cutting. HOA should treat all their properties alike. The issue is neglect of community trimming, fertilization, weeding, insecticide and lawn cutting for other townhome side lots owned by the community.

Inefficient Curb Parking in Townhome Community

Limited curb parking is permitted and posted by signs on North and West Cherry Blossom Lane. However, spaces are not marked. Vehicles park randomly creating very inefficient use of the limited space. Proposal is to "tic" mark each space. American Striping quoted $399 to do the job in 2001.

Alleged Unlicensed Business in Cherry Blossom Place

Owner recently rented a townhome to ARC of Montgomery County: According to our attorney, this County Service appears to be a family home for mentally challenged adults requiring adult assisted living. Home is not allowed to exceed three adults. A License to operate may be required. HOA application and approval may be required. Rick obtained copy of lease for our files. Our attorney is investigating.

Dog Waste Sign Intentionally Smashed - Citrus Grove Cul-de-sac

In-ground sign has been intentionally smashed as if by a heavy hammer, beat, split and wrapped around the steel pole. Some members of the board wanted to remove it. BOD decided to replace it.

Gazebo Mailbox Needs Painting:

Gazebo & Mailbox unit needs painting again. Need to construct a defense against children climbing to top.

ABS Requests Disposal of Orchard Knolls’ Pre-1996 Records

BOD declined, asked for ABS’s storage costs.

Should HOA Mail (Distributed by ABS) go to Owner’s Alternate Addresses?

Some owners have "blind" addresses for their actual residence. Their assessment bill is mailed to and paid by another financially responsible agent. ABS continues to ask BOD - Should HOA mail, prepared by ABS, be mailed to owner’s "alternate" address? Should it be duplicated for resident’s HOA property?

 

Annoying Home Alarm - Cherry Blossom Lane owner wants BOD to take action - Alleges that a loud, continuous, and obnoxious exterior alarm in Cherry Blossom Ct. goes off frequently (at least once a month)... alarm continues all day and does not get shut off until occupant comes home at 5pm.  Says he visited owner who explained that it is an interior alarm therefore no county law applies.  Cherry Blossom Lane owner alleges that alarm device is exterior mounted above rear kitchen door and very loud. 

Neighbor’s Down Spouts Flooding Area - Owner requested help at 2003 Annual Meeting. Area of concern is between 15728 & 15732. Down spout runoff from 15732 and 15734 floods common area and this owner’s property with constant water/mud. In addition shrubs on common area are so overgrown that sunlight is totally blocked exacerbating the water and mud.

Water Pooling at Gazebo; Mosquito Breeding Ground - Owner requested that HOA regrade this area to eliminate water from pooling and risk of mosquitoes breeding. .

Preserve South West Tot-Lot Equipment - Requesting South West Lot’s baby-swings and see-saw be preserved.

SHA’s New Plum Trees for Center Island Due

SHA agreed to install one or two mature purple plum trees in center island in spring 2004.

SHA’s New Crepe Myrtle Trees for Rt 28 Median Due

SHA agreed to install crepe myrtles every 13 feet in Rt 28 Median - Blackberry Drive to Sr Center spring 2004.

Dead Trees, Limbs, and Shrubs Inventory:

Large Tree Down Across Fence - North East Tot Lot (2004)

Large Tree Down Across Fence – Between 5-7 Cherry Blossom Court (2004)

Two Removed Trees not Replaced, 2 Stumps Remain - Northwest Corner Cherry Blossom Lane – (2002)

Large Dead Cherry Tree – Across From 15740 CBL. (2003)

Two Dead Decorative Trees - Front of 12006 Cherry Blossom Place. – (2002)

Several Dead Hedges – Front Entrance Marque (2002)

Three Trees Down Behind Fence Between 15722-15726 Blackberry Dr – (2003)

Two Stumps - Between 15722-15726 Blackberry Dr – (2003)

One Stump – South side of N/W Berm – Beside 15730 Blackberry Drive – (2002)

One Removed Tree not Replaced, Stump Remains – Citrus Grove Circle – (2001).

Leaning Trees & Other Tree Issues:

One Cypress – Behind 15715 Cherry Blossom Lane. - (2003)

Two Cypress - Behind 15711-15709 Cherry Blossom Lane Near Bike Path (2003)

One Cypress - N/E Berm near Rt 28 & Sr Center. (2002)

Overgrown Tree Limbs Engulf Streetlight Fixtures – Cherry Blossom Lane (2003)

Dangerous Limbs Overhanging Striped Parking – South Cherry Blossom Lane (2002)

Long Dead Tree Limb – Between 15707-15709 Cherry Blossom Lane – (2003)

12. OTHER UNFUNDED COMMUNITY IMPROVEMENT REQUESTS:

Matching Colonial Lamps at Townhome Entrance

Brass "Orchard Knolls Towns" Plaques on Existing Stone Columns

Permanent Flagpoles with Uplighting at Front Entrance

Increase Berm Height at Senior Housing Boundary

Security Lighting along Creek and Bike Path

Add 2 Missing Red Maples at each end of North-East Blackberry Drive

Upgrade North-East Tot-Lot

Upgrade South-West Tot-Lot

Covered Picnic Pavilion over South West Lot

Trim All Common Area Trees.

Add One Streetlight to Cherry Blossom Place Parking

Transformers Screening in Cherry Blossom Place

13. MATTERS TURNED OVER TO OUR ATTORNEY(S):

CB Place – ARC of Montgomery County

Townhome Landscape Issues (Do Covenants Apply?)

Ongoing Delinquent Assessment Collections

PGC Dispute

Common Area Behavior Rule

Blackberry Drive/Rt 28 Intersection Pepco Illumination

Day Care Regulatory Update

Financial Recovery – Rt 28 Sprinkler System Vs SHA

Financial Recovery – Previous Owner 15715 CB Lane – NSF

14. ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING - Monthly meeting adjourned at 9:00 Pm.

Next meeting will be Monday, April 19, 2004, 7:00 Pm, location to be determined. Call any board member for location. Orchard Knolls owners and residents welcome. Input by US mail, email, or web page is welcome.