ORCHARD KNOLLS HOMEOWNER’S ASSOCIATION, INC (HOA)

PO Box 4225, North Potomac, Maryland 20885

WWW.ORCHARDKNOLLS.ORG

Minutes – March 19, 2015

BOARD OF DIRECTORS (BOD) - Volunteers

President

Richard Schinner (RS)

301-977-5196

evantage@comcast.net

2016

VP 1

Lisa Goodman (LG)

301-963-3807

 

2015

VP 2

David Haas (DH)

   

2015

Treasurer

Mark Tabar (MT)

301-318-8446

homaitabar@yahoo.com

2016

Secretary

Michelle Katon (MK)

   

2017

 

ARCHITECTURAL REVIEW COMMITTEE (ARC) - Volunteers

Member

Lisa Goodman

Member

George Puddington

Member

Paul Hughes

ADMINISTRATIVE MATTERS & MINUTES REVIEW :

Meeting called to order at 700 PM by Rick Schinner

Rick presented the minutes, and made a motion made to approve minutes , Michelle seconded. All present approved.

Rick discussed the costs of the snow contract for the winter. Carlos did an excellent job of plowing the townhouse area and shoveling the common area sidewalks. Michelle inquired as to what was required. In addition, Michelle mentioned that Blackberry Terrace isn’t being completely plowed by the County. Michelle was going to call 311 and report the missed routes.

Richard had approved payment of the snow removal but presented a motion to formally approve the expense. Motion seconded by David. All in favor.- motion to approve 4600.

The separate snows have cost $790, $990, $330, $1340 , $1150

Every two years, the TH roadways and parking lots are inspected for needs or improvements. Jay from American Stripping has walked TH roadways with Rick. Four areas of concern have been identified. There is money in the reserve account to cover this complete repair. The board is awaiting the bid proposal.

Mailing Diane sent mailing out for the Annual Meeting in April. Due to the parking regulations and the proposed ARC guideline changes, copies were required to be mailed to every homeowner. The cost of the mail with copies, envelopes, postage and labor was $1064.24. This was high due to 3900 copies and mailing cost $1.40 each to mail.

Diane will try to obtain a sample sticker to be used for non-resident parking on Cherry Blossom Place. Tis issue is to be discussed at the Annual meeting. Sticker made for no parking on

Cherry Blossom

Rick advised that the bulk mulch is being moved around at PGC and when he complained PGC invited him to the property. They have a proposal to build a barrier wall to those properties that back to the garden center. David and Rick will try to learn more about this.  David will check with David Gardner prior to the Annual meeting to determine if there has been any further discussion of PGC being annexed into the City of Gaithersburg. David also advised that he and Rick would try to schedule the annual walk through at PGC.

ADJOURNMENT Meeting adjourned at 8:15 pm.

The next meeting is scheduled for Thursday, April 16, 2015.

 

 

Diane Tillery