ORCHARD KNOLLS HOMEOWNER’S ASSOCIATION, INC (HOA)

PO Box 4225, North Potomac, Maryland 20885

WWW.ORCHARDKNOLLS.ORG

Minutes – Jun 18, 2015

BOARD OF DIRECTORS (BOD) - Volunteers

President

Richard Schinner (RS)

301-977-5196

evantage@comcast.net

Nov 2016

VP1

Lisa Goodman (LG)

301-963-3807

 

Nov 2015

VP2

David Haas (DH)

   

Nov 2015

Treasurer

Mark Tabar (MT)

301-318-8446

homaitabar@yahoo.com

Nov 2016

Secretary

Michelle Katon (MK)

   

Nov 2017

ARCHITECTURAL REVIEW COMMITTEE (ARC) - Volunteers

Member

Lisa Goodman

Member

George Puddington

Member

Paul Hughs

ADMINISTRATIVE MATTERS & MINUTES REVIEW :

Call To Order:

President Called Meeting to Order at 7:00 Pm.

Absent Members:

None

Treasurers Report: Mark spoke about the budget and advised:

The operating account is exceptionally low.

The HOA may have to increase assessment in 2016

There are $2700 worth of delinquencies

We are over budget in attorney’s fees by $4000

Rick advised that this was the first time he can recall we have been this low.

August meeting will be dedicated to budget issues

Old Business:

ARC request from the Gorfinkels:

Diane spoke about receiving the materials that the Gorfinkels wanted to use to bring their garage doors into compliance. The materials submitted were not what were agreed to in the consent agreement. The material submitted with a thin adhesive paper to be installed on the interior of the windows.

Ron Gorfinkel spoke about the extreme cost of having the garage doors painted, that the doors would have to be removed and sent away to be painted. With the solution, the windows would not be seeing through. Ron advised that he had contacted several contractors who advised that the garage doors were not deep enough for a compost to be applied so wood was not possible. With the commercial paper, it would look similar to another garage in the community. The tinted paper would be the same color as the trim.

Sara Gorfinkel advised that if they were installing the doors today, they would have used something more compliant.

The Gorfinkel’s attorney, Ryan Speigal spoke about how they tried to find a solution.

A neighbor Kate Warnick inquired how a change to the Guidelines could be made and Diane explained the process.

Lisa Goodman spoke about the ARC and the need for consistency/Integrity of the neighborhood.

Questions were raised about the product being removed and Ron asked why that was important. The exterior change needs to be permanent and will apply to future owners as well.

At this time, the Board advised that they would consider the request and render a decision with 10 days in writing the decision.

Parking:

Diane will order stickers however – at this time, there does not seem to be an issue.

Mosquito Joe:

It does not appear that this company has done as effective job as in 2014. Rick will contact and consider cancelling service.

Townhouse Roadways:

There are several areas on Cherry Blossom Lane that need to be resurfaced. Rick will work with our contractor to get a bid.

Townhouse Tot Lot Bridge:

Rick will check with Carlos for a bid to rework the bridge with TREX and new railings. This expense is covered under reserves.

Townhouse Sprinkler System:

Rick advised that there was a repair needed to the system.

Reserve Study:

Rick asked that someone step up to handle getting a reserve study done for the community to determine what the needs are for the future.

New Business:

Rick advised there is a large dog at 1576? Cherry Blossom that appears to be defecating in the community.

Meeting adjourned at 838 p.m.

Diane Tillery

Community Manager

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--- End ---